Express Water is a reverse osmosis water filter ready to work for you at any level.
|What we liked!||For Improvements|
✅ It is a 11 stage filtration system, ensuring the water you drink is potable enough.
✅ It has a leak detection system to prevent potential damages to you furniture.
✅ Color coded with filters for peace of mind.
⊖ A power connection needs to be available next to the filter to make the UV light work.
⊖ There could be a problem with the alkaline water filter, which can contribute to a funny taste. Make sure you properly purge before the first use.
Express Water Technical Aspects
These are the technical considerations we have listed in this review so you can check what is required to operate this RO filtration system and most importantly, if the water filter would be suitable for your home:
- Eleven (11) stages filtration system including UV exposure and alkaline mineralization of the water.
- It has a fabric disk that works as a leak detector and shuts down the system if this happen.
- Each filter and tubing connectors have matching colors for fast identification.
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS), odors, taste, color.
- Common heavy metals (not limited to) such as mercury and Cr6+.
- Fluoride, chlorine, herbicides, pharmaceuticals, pesticides and others.
- Micro-organisms such as bacteria & viruses.
- 0.80 gal/min (100 gallons per day).
- Minimum 40 to maximum 80 psi.
- Two (2) year: sediment, carbon block and GAC.
- One (1) year for the reverse osmosis membrane, the post GAC filter, and the alkaline filter.
- Stage 1: Five (5) micron sediment filter.
- Stage 2: Five (5) micron carbon block (CTO) filter.
- Stage 3: Granulated activated carbon (GAC).
- Stage 4: Reverse osmosis membrane.
- Stage 5th to 9th: Alkaline filter.
- Stage 10: Ultraviolet Sterilizer.
- Stage 11: Post activated carbon (coconut shell to remove any potential pollutant building up inside the storage tank unit).
- Municipal water (mainly).
- Surface water and well water.
Efficiency and tank:
- Tank volume: 3.2 gallons.
- Medium to large (L:15", W:5". H:17.2").
- Tank: 15"h x 11"w.
- 1 year warranty is provided with this express water reverse osmosis system.
- NSF/ANSI 58.
This domestic reverse osmosis system impresses with its eleven (11) filtration stages developed to remove up to 99.99% most commons pollutants present in municipal water.
Expect it to clean your water from harmful chemicals, heavy metals, and microorganisms.
What to Consider before Buying the Express Water RO System
Before you go and invest some money with this 11-stage reverse osmosis filtration system, it is recommended to review and understand the most important aspects.
Most RO water filter can remove many contaminants from the water, however some can do more than expected. This RO UV water purifier is capable of removing most contaminants present in the drinking water, but no limited to:
- Total Dissolve Solids (TDS) such as sediments, salts and other organics and inorganics that can clog-up the main filters.
- Heavy metals such as lead, Cr6+, cadmium, arsenic and more.
- Chlorine, fluoride, pharmaceuticals, chemicals such as herbicides and pesticides.
- Bacteria such as E-coli and Coliform; viruses, Algae, Giardia, Salmonella.
Filters and Process
The Express Water 11 stage system incorporates both a granular activated carbon (GAC) filter as well as an activated carbon block (CTO) filter that eliminate foul odors and tastes alongside the most harmful chemicals.
Water passes through an array of other filters including a reverse osmosis membrane, after which, the system provides nice alkaline mineralization and ultraviolet sterilization.
All these steps are essential to ensure your water is safe to drink.
So, the stages are as follow:
- Stage 1: Comprised a 5 micron Sediment filter to remove anything that can harm your important filters.
- Stage 2 & 3: Five (5) micron carbon block (CTO) and granulated activated carbon (GAC) to remove semi-volatile and volatile organic compounds, odors, chloride and bad taste.
- Stage 4: Comprising the reverse osmosis membrane. This is the heart of the system since it will remove the most important contaminants such as dangerous heavy metals (e.g, Cr6+). Keep in mind that the membrane also is capable of removing important minerals that your body needs; that is why the importance of the next stage!
- Stage 5 to 9: The alkaline process will improve the taste and quality of the filtered water after passing the membrane. It will add some potassium, calcium, magnesium and will balance the pH.
- Stage 10: The ultraviolet sterilizer stage will kill 99.9% of micro-organisms. Do not touch or look directly at the UV light!!.
- Stage 11: Made of coconut shell (last treatment) that will ensure what ever sneaky particle is retained and removed.
All the components including tubing are BPA free
Operation & Maintenance
The Express reverse osmosis system is fairly easy to maintain. It is recommended to replace the filters every one (1) year for the most sensitive ones (RO membrane, alkaline and post GAC) and, two (2) years for the remaining ones (this does not include the UV light).
The installation and operation, on the other hand, is not as complicated as it looks. All tubing, quick connect fittings (1/2″ and 3/8″) and filters are color coded so it is very straightforward.
Keep in mind that you will need some tools (e.g, to drill small holes) to install the filtration system.
- Quick connect fittings could sometimes be a little be complicated in terms of leaks. Expect to have some minimum water leaks after the first run, which is normal. You will be able to readjust (making sure both tubing ends are flat / properly cut otherwise you will have leaks always!) the points where water is leaking.
- This filtration system can be considered as large size; this means that kitchens with small under sink space are not ideal for the Express Water filter.
- Lastly, as any other under sink water filter, you might need to drill an extra hole for the included faucet. If this is the case, then make sure you do it with the right diameter.
- Cutting the tubing should be easy using the right tools. Use a tube cutter or a rigid naked blade to ensure the ends are flat. Also, cut the tubing on a flat surface. Do not use scissors or a retractable blade tool as such!!.
- Pull gently the connected lines to check there is no loose points. This will not damage the tubing due to its material (usually HDPE).
Express Water 11 Stage: Final Thoughts
The Express 11 stage model is an alkaline plus an ultraviolet RO water filter that can provide good quality water for your home and family.
This alkaline water filter is as good as other filters that can provide the same features such as the Alkaway Ultrastream.
Installation and operation is easy as long as you follow the included instructions. Even though this process should be easy for you, don’t get stress if you see some leaks coming from the connections. This is an opportunity to tight up what ever is needed.
With a fast flow rate (0.8 GPM) will ensure you have enough water (100 gallons per day) for all you family.
If you count with enough room under you kitchen’s sink, the Express Water RO is a great option to filter you domestic/municipal or well water at any time. We hope you found all the information required in this review.
Help others to find the right RO water filter: