iSpring RCC1UP AK 7 stage reverse osmosis water filter is a top-notch filtration system perfect for most homes and offices.
✅ Auto shut-off and check valves function to control the water in the storage tank.
✅ Increases the water pressure if below 45 psi. It will go up to 80 psi.
✅ Includes a faucet and quick fitting connections for easy installation.
⊖ Water filters lifetime a bit short.
⊖ Not suitable for small under sink spaces.
⊖ The first couple of cups of water can come hot due to the UV filter operation.
iSpring RCC1UP AK 7 Stage Technical Aspects
Look at these technical aspects we have included in this review so that you are aware of what this water filtration system can do for you:
- Perfect for most homes and offices. Please consider the space you have to install this RO filtration system.
- Includes a booster pump to increase the water pressure (to 80 psi) in case your water is bellow 45 psi.
- Stops and activates the filtration system automatically.
- Seven (7) filtration stages including UV and alkalinization.
- Total Dissolve Solids - TSD for up to 750 ppm. Higher than this will reduce the filtration capacity and eventually damage the filters.
- Heavy metals including lead, cadmium, chromium, mercury and others.
- Chlorine, fluoride, inorganic and organic compounds, odor, rust, dust.
- Kills spores, bacteria and viruses (micro-organisms).
- It provides up to 100 gallons per day.
- The optimal water pressure is between 45 to 70 psi.
- The optimal water temperature is between 40 - 100 F.
- Stage 1: 5 micron Sediment filter (polypropylene).
- Stage 2: 5 micron Granular activated carbon (GAC).
- Stage 3: 5 micron Carbon block filter (CTO) Chlorine, Taste and Odor.
- Stage 4: Reverse Osmosis membrane (main stage).
- Stage 5: Polished carbon filter.
- Stage 6: Alkaline filter (addition of important minerals for you body to absorb; balancing pH).
- Stage 7: UV filter (11 w with switch sensor for activation of UV light).
- Lifetime: 6 to 12 months for stages 1, 2, 3 5 and 6 filters. 2 to 3 years for the RO membrane and 1 year for the UV filter.
- Due to its quality and design you can use water coming from the tap (municipal source) or from a private well (which will have other physico-chemical characteristics).
- Water waste ration: 2:1.
- We consider this RO filtration system is a medium to large size.
- L:36cm, W:20cm. H:48cm or 14.5"w x 7"d x 19"h.
- Tank: 15"h x 11"w.
- One (1) year with life time technical support.
The RO iSpring RCC1UP AK 7 stage is a great water filtration system perfect for most homes and offices. Why most homes? well, you will have to consider the space available under your sink.
The system uses a seven (7) stage reverse osmosis system developed to filter and remove almost all water contaminants and incorporates features that solve common household issues, such as low water pressure (if below 45 psi) and irregular pH.
What impresses the most is the reinforced transparent first stage housing that lets you inspect the sediment filter and watch how contaminants are removed from the water (purple casing).
You’ll also know when to change the filter to prevent malfunctions.
What to Consider before Buying the iSpring RO 7 Stage Water Filter
The iSpring RCC1UP AK 7 stage is capable of removing up to 99% of pollutants present in water including but not limited to:
- Sediments Total Dissolve Solids – TSD (up to 750 ppm).
- Heavy metals such as lead, mercury, cadmium, zink between others.
- Chlorine, choramine, fluoride, organic and inorganic compounds, odor, taste.
- Bacteria, viruses and harmful spores (micro-organisms).
Lastly, this water filter will improve the water taste by adding important minerals that your body requires daily.
With a filtration capacity of 1000+ contaminants, the iSpring RCC7AK reverse osmosis filtration system counts with 7 stages including filters and additions (alkalinity):
- Stage 1: Model FP-15 five (5) micron sediment filter (polypropylene) to remove also dust and rust. Life times is from 6 to 12 months.
- Stage 2: Model FG-15 five (5) micron Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) to remove chlorine, odor color and taste. Lifetime between 6 and 12 months.
- Stage 3: Five (5) micron Carbon block filter (CTO), which will remove chloramine, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), chemicals and others. 6 to 12 months lifetime.
GAC and CTO trap large and small contaminants alike.
- Stage 4: Great Well Reverse Osmosis membrane (main stage) model TFC-2012-75. This RO model has a 2-3 years lifetime.
- Stage 5: Model FT-15 post carbon filter (polished carbon) to ensure the removal of any taste or odor coming from the tank. Lifespan between 6 to 12 months.
- Stage 6: Alkaline filter model FA-15 adding minerals that your body needs; also helps to balance the water pH. Expected lifetime from 6 to 12 months.
- Stage 7: Kills microorganisms (viruses, bacteria and harmful spores) using UV activation when the system detects water flow (it shut-off when there is no operation, saving energy). It is expected 1 year use.
The filters lifespan mentioned above is what the manufacturer suggested for filter replacement. Off course, the more you use the filters the sooner you will have to replace them but not below 6 months expectancy.
Operation & Maintenance
There is not much we can say about the operation of the RO iSpring RCC1UP AK 7 stage other than doing the connections to the main water hose into the first filter/stage, then the whole system will do its job. Nevertheless, the iSpring reverse osmosis installation is advertised as DIY but a little too complex for homeowners with basic handyman skills.
What is important to know is that:
- You will have to have a water pressure above 45 psi, which is covered by the booster pump included with the system.
- Enough space underneath you kitchen’s sink.
- A power source to connect and operate the UV filter.
- This is good for homes sourcing water from private wells or river streams.
- Your water source needs to have a maximum TDS of 750 ppm. Anything above this number will dramatically reduce the lifetime of the filters and affect the RO membrane.
Regular maintenance involves cleaning up and replacing the filters every six (6) to 12 months and 1 to 3 years for the RO membrane and UV filter.
Able to remove most contaminants, easy to install, and dependable, iSpring reverse osmosis water filter is a great water filter that brings real value for money.
iSpring RCC1UP AK 7 Stage: Final Thoughts
This system allows the reverse osmosis (RO) membrane to function at maximum efficiency and remove microscopic contaminants.
Thanks to an alkaline remineralization filter, iSpring reverse osmosis can produce bottle-quality mineral water, while a UV sterilizer kills up 99% of microorganisms.
For no extra cost the RCC1UP AK 7 stage RO water filter comes with a booster pump to ensure the water pressure inside the system is the adequate.
Lastly, keep in mind that all the information provided in this review will help you to take the last call in terms of buying the iSpring RCC1UP AK 7 stage reverse osmosis water filter.
Is this a good RO water filter?