The Culligan FM 25 is small and purely designed to provide tasty water for cooking and drinking.
If you are searching for an effective faucet filter, the Culligan FM 25 is among the top on tap rated water filter models you should consider. It is very easy to install and has a higher filtration capacity as compared to most of its competitors.
In terms of design, the FM 25 is the smallest faucet filter compared to other on tap filters. To give you more detail, check out more details below.
Culligan FM 25 Faucet Mount Filter Technical Aspects
Now, lets get into the technical aspects of this simple filtration system:
- Auto turn off valve.
- Advance filtration delivering high water flow.
- Unique switch to divert filtered and non-filtered water.
- Smaller than any other faucet water filter in the market.
- Metals such as lead and mercury.
- Volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds.
- Agricultural contaminants such as lindane and atrazine (insectiside).
- Some sediments (Nominal Particulate Class 1: 0.5 to 1 micron).
- Chlorine taste and smell.
- 0.5 GPM. This is filling up an eight (8) oz glass in around 7 seconds.
- Optimal: 60 psi.
- Carbon block.
- Two (2) months or 200 gallons. You can use the filter for a longer time but it could cause the filter to get stuck.
This on tap water filter only treats municipal water.
Please note: if you need to filter water from other sources, please refer to more complex (meaning more filtration phases) filtration systems such as the Express Water RO.
- Small compared to other faucet water filters such as PUR on tap ones.
- The FM 25 faucet mount water filter measures 5.5 X 3.5 X 6.5 inches with a weigh of 14.1 ounces.
It also comes with a 2 years limited warranty.
- Anytime you are using Culligan on tap water filter you should not be worried about its effectiveness and reliability because it is approved by NDF for effective lead removal. It is also certified by NSF and internationally against ANSI standard 42 & 53.
What to Consider before Buying the Culligan FM 25 Faucet Filter
Filters and Pollutants Removed
Culligan faucet water filter has a higher capacity of filtered water as compared to other models. It is able to filter up to 200 gallons of water or you should replace it after 2 months. However, it can last for up to 6 months if you use it well (check the flip side section for more details).
Knowing the impurities present in your water will help you to determine the right faucet that you should install in your home. Ensure that your water is tested to determine the impurities present before buying.
One of the major selling points of the Culligan FM 25 filter is that it uses an advanced level 3 filtration which enables it to provide the best performance.
Operation & Maintenance
In terms of maintenance, the filter is not only easy to maintain but it is also easy to install. Follow this steps during installation:
- Remove the aerator from the faucet and keep the gasket safely for future use.
- Pick the ideal adapter (by checking and measuring the thread size) and washer for internal threading.
- Attach the FM 25 on tap filter to your faucet’s kitchen and rotate the collar to fix it tightly onto the threads of your faucet. Don’t over tight or use pliers to avoid breaking the plastic part.
- Open the tap water half way of it and allow the cartridge to flush for about 10 minutes to remove residual carbon fines.
The diverter will automatically change to the non-filtering positions; this means the filter will last longer.
What about the flip sides…
- Filter replacement:
Seems to be that replacing the filter is not as easy as the manufacturer says. Several other customers already using the FM 25 mount filter stated that it is a pain. This could be as a result of using the same filter longer than recommended.
- Filter lifespan indicator:
Unfortunately, this faucet filter does not count with a filter replacement indicator (as the competitor have). Nevertheless, if you see the water flow and taste is changing, it means it’s time to change the filter.
There is a chance to have some leakages if you need to use the two (2) plastic adapters that come with the system. Some customers recommend to use metal adapter for better seal.
Culligan FM 25 Faucet Filter Review: Final Thoughts
Great touch from Culligan including the auto switch off system to protect the cartridge when is no need to filter water for other purposes.
This unique and simple filtration system will deliver 200 gallons of water before reducing its filtration quality.
In terms of the filter lifespan, the manufacturer suggestion is to replace the filter after two (2) months of operation; we think this would be variable based on how much you use the filter and the level of contamination of your water.
Installation is simple; you need to follow the manufacture’s instructions in order to get the maximum performance of this filtration system.
With no doubt, the Culligan FM 25 is among the top rated faucet filters you should have in your home (only if your municipal water is not heavily polluted or the water source is not different).
Any suggestions for other customers? Please review bellow:
Size / Dimensions4.8/5
Operation & Maintenance3.5/5
What we like
- No tools needed so it is very easy to install.
- It has up to two (2) years warranty.
- Auto switch off system (diverter) to increase the lifespan of the filter.
What we do not like
- Not easy to remove the filter due to potential accumulation of sediments or overuse.
- Doesn’t have an indicator to advice when the filter needs changing.
- The two (2) aerator adapters included may not necessarily fit with all faucets (pullout or pull-down faucet designs).