Could the Alexapure Pro Water Filtration System be the Best Countertop Alternative?
Alexapure Pro Water Filtration System has many interesting benefits.
Perfect for all households, the Alexapure Pro
Water optimization seems trivial to many, but this concept has helped Alexapure mark themselves among the leader brands on the market.
As a gravity fed water filter, it employs a gravity fed carbon block core water filter (such as the Big Berkey Water Filter,).
Nevertheless, it also has a ceramic shell developed to remove contaminants from all freshwater sources (only municipal supply, no private wells).
At first glance, it may not look so impressive but what makes the difference is the inside filtering configuration.
Is it the best countertop filtration systems?
There are three (3) things that I want to discuss:
- Quality of the components and,
- The appearance.
I know there are some limitation but the only way to find out is by reading this review.
Alexapure Pro Gravity Water Filter Technical Aspects
Before you decide to buy a gravity fed water filter, you must ensure that you understand what this type of filtration systems can do.
It is capable of housing up to four (4) water filters, however the standard design comes with one (1) filter.
Even thought, a single filter can provide with enough water, it is not a bad idea to include the extra ones – better filtration flow rate.
On the appearance side, I like the stainless still compartments. This sort of material reduces the growth of biofilms that in the long term can cause also health problems.
Flow Rate and Water Pressure
The flow rate will depend on the number of filters added. If you decide to add four (4), then you will have a maximum of 2.25 gallons per hr.
This configuration can easily provide water to a family of 8 people or more (this is considering that an average person should drink 2 lts (0.53 gallons) per day).
In terms of the water pressure, this is not applicable as the filtration system is gravity fed.
It is recommended to filter only tap water (municipal supply). The water coming from a private well has other characteristics that can affect the filtration process.
Warranty and Certification
The whole system is covered by one (1) year on any parts (except the filters) by the manufacturer.
On the other hand, the filters are also NSF/ANSI certified, which ensures the water is safe to drink.
It is advisable you always buy a Alexapure Pro certified replacement filter.
Before Buying this Gravity Water Filter
It is time to discuss the performance when removing contaminants from water and the quality of its elements.
The ground-breaking zeolite ion adsorption technology involved ensures the removal of the most dangerous pollutants including:
- Heavy metals (chromium, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium and others).
- Micro-organisms such as bacteria.
- Organic compounds like semi-volatile and volatile elements including MTBE.
- Inorganic Compounds (Chlorine, Fluoride (97%)) and,
- Various herbicides, pesticides and pharmaceutical compounds.
The filtration media
Alexapure water filter comes with one certified filter capable of providing a decent water flow rate on its own. However, you can increase the flow rate by adding additional filters to the upper tank.
According to the manufacturer, the filter has a lifespan of up to 5,000 gallons, which translates into an average of two-and-a-half years (2.5 yrs).
Despite of this, have in mind that the actual lifespan of the filters depends on the water quality in your area and the usage frequency.
In terms of its composition, it is not the most sophisticated one. I t was made of activated carbon with ceramic shell.
Overall, it is good enough to remove most contaminants from any municipal water. Nevertheless, be sure to test the water before hand.
Alexapure Pro Water Filtration System Operation and Maintenance
This stainless steel gravity water filter is easy to operate and maintain. Maybe, the only thing that would take time (no more than 5 mins) is when installing the carbon filters.
Look-up at these steps:
- Clean the stainless steel tanks (inside and outside) and the filters regularly to prevent the build-up of any foreign materials or micro-organisms (yes!, there is no way you will avoid the build-up of bio films if you don’t clean the filtration system).
- For the outside surface, you can use a soft cloth to remove any built-up dust.
- Rinse the inner surface and filters with fresh potable water before pouring the very first volume of water.
- After this, it is recommended to rinse also the filters from the inside by doing an initial filtering process; do not drink this water just yet.
- Finally, start filling up the top chamber of the Alexapure Pro using only fresh water (no-salty water), then wait a few minutes to star using your filtered water.
Lastly, timely replacement of worn out filters is essential for maintaining the quality of the water and the flow rate.
Alexapure Pro Water Filtration System Review Wrap Up
Alexapure has manufacture a great gravity fed water. Looks simple, it is easy to install, operate and lastly very little effort to maintain.
The carbon filters (up to four (4) cartridges for a maximum filtering process) will ensure the water is safe to drink at any time.
Keep in mind that any filter has a limit and only municipal supply (tap water) should be treated.
The only unfortunate thing I see with this system is the size. It may not be an issue for a house with a big kitchen but surely you will notice its presence.
In general, if you have the money to invest, I think the Alexapure Pro water filtration system has nothing to worry about with products landing in the same category.
Images courtesy of Alexapure
Alexapure Pro Gravity Water Filter
Size / Dimensions4.3/5
Operation & Maintenance5.0/5
What we like
- ✅ Removes over 200 water contaminants.
- ✅ 2.5 gallons filtered water capacity.
- ✅ You can add up to four (4) filters to increase the flow rate.
What we do not like
- The residue may build up on filters faster than expected.
- Only filters municipal water.
- It can take a big chunk of your kitchen space if you have a little one.